Health & Wellness
this is our philosophy
It’s simple. We believe that good food is essential to a healthy life. Our commitment is to help you power your life on campus with good food and a dining program that makes it easy for you to eat right.
It’s why we have healthy and wholesome choices available every day and it’s why we have nutrition and wellness programs that help take some of the mystery out of healthy living.
Here are just a few of the many steps that we are taking to support your health and well-being.
Click on one of our key areas below to learn more about Health & Wellness initiatives.
Our menu selections are developed and evaluated by our culinary experts. Nutrition information provided is for one individual serving. While adherence to recipes and serving sizes is our goal, actual nutrition content can vary from the information provided due to variations in preparation, serving size, or product substitution. The variation is part of the process of custom preparing and serving high-quality food.
Products that are third-party organic certified.
Products grown or produced within 150 miles of High Point.
Seafood that is third-party certified.
Menu items that are prepared without wheat, barley, rye, or any other gluten-containing ingredients.
Criteria is derived from the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and FDA standards.
- 10% of saturated fat from total calories, 0g of trans fats, 60mg of cholesterol per serving, 480mg of sodium per serving, and 25% of sugar from total calories
- Beverages must be either water, unflavored low-fat milk, unflavored or flavored non-fat milk, or 100% fruit or vegetable juice with no added sweeteners
- Foods cannot be deep-fried
- Breads and pastas are whole wheat and contain at least 3g of fiber per serving
- Sauces and condiments that do not contain high fructose corn syrup or partially hydrogenated oils
- Cereals that contain 8g of sugar per serving
Menu items that exclude meat, poultry, fish, dairy, eggs, honey, and gelatin.
Menu items that exclude meat, poultry, and fish or gelatin.